As the years go by, you start maturing and getting a different outlook on life. It is normal for an individual in their twenties to think and approach things differently than when they were a teenager. I want to start off by saying, I’m a completely different woman than the girl I was 7 or 6 years ago. Most people who haven’t seen me in years are shocked because I’m not what they expected. My personality and demeanor changed tremendously. I have different values, goals and most importantly, I do what’s best for me and not what is expected of me. Maybe these particular individuals expected me to remain the same for some weird reason… Ha! I’ve always been the observant type of girl, didn’t speak much and never really expressed myself. I’m proud to say I’m more outspoken, confident and I stand for what’s right. I’m also very passionate about my beliefs.
Here’s a list of things I’ve learned throughout the years.
Above all, I’ve learned not to take everything too seriously- I have to admit that in the past, I took most words thrown at me to heart or maybe I’m just a really deep thinker!
- Time is one of the most valuable commodities we have so I try to use mine wisely. I had to ask myself this and I advise you to do the same.
How are you spending your days? If you knew you only had one month to live, how would you spend your time? Would you still hold grudges? Would you still be arrogant and remain angry at your enemies?
Or would you live happily, freely, appreciative and thankful? Life is too precious and so is every second of our time.
- I’ve learned not to get too attached, but instead try to adjust to the many changes that will occur throughout my life. Sometimes it’s good to walk away from the things and the people who serves us no purpose.
- No matter how generous you are, not everyone will like you; as a matter of fact, people will hate you for no apparent reason. You just have to accept it and move on. As long as these folks stay in their own path and vice versa, that’s their problem, not yours. You can continue focusing on being happy and living a wonderful drama free life, enjoying every breath of fresh air. You don’t have to waste your time and energy trying to convince another human being like you. Surround yourself with people who love and celebrate you.
- I’ve learned to think before I speak. Sometimes the most innocent comments can do a lot of damaging to whomever you’re directing it to.
- Not to take life too seriously and loosen up a bit but also take precautions at the same time. I’ve been in a box my entire life, afraid to try new things in the fear of being perceived the wrong way. I started breaking out of my shell and realizing that I was much happier. I am now living for myself and not as the fictional image people created of me. My life, my choice!
- No situation is permanent. As long as you have life, change will come. So keep the faith.
- What you study is University is not always what you’ll do as a career in the future.
- I want to travel more and spend quality time with my family, while having a stable career. I’m a very family oriented woman and I believe you should always show your loved ones how much you appreciate them.
- I definitely learned that getting enough sleep is very important. Get your rest ladies, it will do more good than harm.
- I’m the type of woman who plans her life. I write down all my goals and aspirations, like what I want to accomplish by a certain age. I take age very seriously but I’m starting to realize that life happens and things don’t always go the same way as planned.
“In the learning process, a learner does encounter some difficulty. But with diligent, you will master the act.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita,